We see on a regular basis, clients who don’t have the correct home and contents insurance in place. This can be anything from being under-insured, not having specific valuable items covered, not having flood cover, no trace and access cover, very high excesses and requirements for you to not leave the home for the cover to be valid. All sorts of horror stories!

We have a specialist Home and Contents insurance adviser who can talk you through the different options and what is available and if you need more specialist cover then we work alongside companies that can help.

Some covers that we have completed for clients include;

Thatched roofs

Flat roofs

High personal possession cover – Jewellery, Watches, paintings

Grade 2 listed

Flood risk area

Buy to Let – including portfolio landlords

Holiday let

New build properties

Unoccupied for over 30 days

We would also recommend in most cases that Home emergency and Legal expenses are taken out with the policy for added protection. However, every circumstance is different, and our specialist adviser Emma Hall is here to guide you on what will be the correct policy for your needs.

The information contained within was correct at the time of publication but is subject to change.